Friday 26 October 2007

Changing times...

A Shining star, that's what I want to be... Whatever happens, whatever changes....
Lately, I've been having thoughts, lots of them. I thought about what truly makes me happy in life? (what's truly importat) I've always wanted to do everything, and anything.... Thats why I did sciences and arts in A-Levels, thats why I was in grief when I 'had' to give-up science for social science. That's why, I never gave my social science a 100% chance, I never realised my full potential after I was forced to focus on a particular area. I felt imcomplete, un-whole, like, I was not all-rounded. I felt remorse for not being active in many many things in college. Sometimes when I walk by a poster on Aiesec, Toastmasters, Raleigh.... I thought, I could be part of that? But then, I want to be part of everything! When I browse YOUTUBE, I see prodigies playing their piano, and I thought, I can play that piece too! Then, I'm regretful again, for not spending time on the piano, not realising my 'fullest potential'.
And that's MY biggest problem and mistake. I always think I am not realising my 'full potential'. But how can I? If i want to be at my 'fullest potential' at Everything and Anything? Logically, this sounds very stupid, even a 5 year old kid can tell you that it's stupid, but when you're running on the threadmill without a stop button, you keep running...
It's about time I learnt to let go... thats why I started to think about what truly makes me happy in life?
Here's what I came up with:
1. Relationship with God
2. Relationship with family and my closest friends
3. My grades
4. My body, being fit
5. Social contribution
And thats all. 5 things. Should have done this earlier.....sighs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what goes through my head all the time.. If only i had tried harder. If only i had put more effort. Like when i was watching the Jap drama called Nodame Cantabile (about orchestra), i felt like if i had put more effort in piano, i could potentially be a performer...

I think i should just stop drifting and start focusing wat's in front of me. and yea, your top 5 things that make you happy are exactly what makes me happy too!