Monday 16 June 2008

Sabah Adventure 2008 : Day 1

Getting on the plane today was pretty emotional, unexpectedly so...
I didn't think planes were like special or something if you're thinking that's what I'm coming to.
Today (yesterday) was Father's Day, and I didn't even know it was Father's day we are flying out on until Fiona realised and told me so...ooopppsss Sorry Uncle Yew....

But anyways, being on the plane, and it being MAS brought back some memories that I thought I already forgot... I looked at the stewardess and thought back to my flight to LA back when I was 5... I thought back to the time when I woke up in the middle of the night asking for a blankie cos it was cold. Then a stewardess Jie Jie handed me one.

Then I thought back to my plane rides as a kid where I remembered I always demanded for fresh milk on board all the time regardless of breakfast, lunch or dinner. When they were serving only juice, dad would requests for fresh milk for me... I guess those stewardess obliged since I was such a cute lil kid.

Basically, just random flashbacks occurred 20,000 feet in the air, nostalgic memories...
Then I realised I miss you dad...Happy Father's Day...cheers XD

Fiona and I on board (she's chatting with some ang mor dude next to me now)
Colourful MAS cabin
My tea foodpack....which was ermmm okok

We were looking to meet up with a 'friend' who doesn't own a handphone, we knew where he was staying but didn't possess a map. A few lessons learnt today if you're attempting backpacking anytime soon :
1) always get a map (free) from the airport
2) never book accom. in advance for 5 days via credit card because, it takes two working days to clear the transaction and u end up paying cash first to obtain a refund later!
3) do not walk at night in malaysia in shorts!
4) do not even walk in malaysia if you're a girl...rempits are rampant!!
Our Bak Kut Teh dinner after a 2 hour hike around KK (still failing to locate the 'friend')
Fiona is happy to be fed though...
Our dining hall upstairs (Borneo Global Backpackers)
Lounge upstairs(BGB)

Btw, alas we found our 'friend' at Tropicana Lodge, Australian Place....His place was way funner, but our place was more spacious and practical...But anyways starting OWD PADI tomorrow... Nice guy Vincent, owner of Tropicana Lodge...gave us a lift back to Borneo Global Backpackers...
Going for diving with him tomorrow....although tomorrow is classroom only...

haha...am just happy i'm done with this post...cheers!

3 comments:

em-chan said...

penny,

remember to keep your entry slip when you came into sabah. u need it when you get out.

Janelle said...

have fun and take care...

and hurry up come back.. not yet yum cha..

PegGy said...

hey twerp. touching post. sigh
sometimes i keep memories of dad in a compartment stuffed deep in my brain it is kind of sad to be reminded...

it would be great if he was around. but then again, i might have killed him a second time with my increasingly bizzare opinions

be safe and take care k? i am really happy u are having such an adventure! but i can't help feeling worried too :(

btw, i'm getting my OWD end of the year in Phi Phi! u beat me to it!